With Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts, now all but assured the GOP’s nomination for the Presidency, the left has wasted no time at all doing what they do best. What they do best is distract. With the nation teetering on the brink of disaster, an economy that has not produced any net jobs since the President won election, a bloated government spending trillions of dollars more than it brings in and liberalism basically crushing the American dream, the left is interested in is whether or not they can make Mr. Romney look substantially worse than the failure currently residing in the White House.
Kicking off their assault on Mitt Romney, this week the left dug deep into Romney’s past to dredge up recollections that he once picked on, call it bullied, a fellow student. And if that was not bad enough, add to the meme the slap in the face that the fellow student may have been gay. Seriously? That’s the narrative that is supposed to make Mitt Romney into Satan himself and so toxic that no one would ever dare vote for him? Forget the fact that this former “victim” of Mitt Romney is dead and there appears to be no one in the family who can corroborate the claim.
Ok, I get it. The President’s record is so horrid that this is the tactic his minions have to adopt. But they are no doubt upset at how quickly their political opponents turned the issue around on them. Breitbart’s Big Journalism website, for example, quickly flipped the issue around and produced evidence by the President’s own hand that he once shoved a girl because he was sick of being taunted about how he was her boyfriend. Yes, the future President assaulted a girl, I repeat, a girl, because he was afraid of getting cooties?
Now, as much as the old media was ready and willing to run with the story about Mitt Romney to show how evil and vile he is, they have not been so quick to divulge Obama’s previous brush with being a bully himself. So, since the old media apparently needs help being fair and balanced, I have prepared a cheat sheet for you guys and gals. What follows is a set of questions you can ask of President Obama during his next news conference. Feel free to use all of these:
- “Mr. President – was your bullying of the girl you admitted to in your book based in any way on race? Sure she was black, but did you think she was not black enough?”
- “Mr. President – rumor has it that the girl you admitted to bullying was a lesbian. Were you engaging in a hate crime when you shoved her?”
- “Mr. President – do you find it easier to be a bully after you have smoked marijuana or snorted cocaine?”
- “Mr. President – is your propensity to bully girls because you see them as inferior to you?”
- “Mr. President – have you ever paid restitution for the emotional distress to the girl you bullied?”
- “Mr. President – you said that the girl you shoved was ‘plump’. Are you saying that you bullied her because she was fat?”
- “Mr. President – was your bullying of this girl named Coretta in any way related to her unwillingness to convert to Islam or to wear a hijab?”
- “Mr. President – how many other girls have you beat up in your lifetime?”
Now, from my standpoint these questions are all meant in jest. They are, however, about as serious and relevant as anything the old media has come up with in regards to Mitt Romney this week. And if Mitt Romney is going to get grilled about things he is accused of doing in high school, silly things a lot of people do in high school, then we have to hold the President to that same standard.
Let me know, old media, when you decide to step up to the plate on this one.
Copyright ©2012 J.J. Jackson