Changing Of The Guard - Send In The Cavalry
January 2, 2023
The new Republican majority promises to act as a bulwark, to scrutinize and review thoroughly all legislation before it arrives at the desk of a reckless spendthrift president.
As we begin the New Year 2023, I believe it can be said that most of the American people look with anticipation, and many have hopeful expectations of a major change, and rescue from a government and president that seem intent on taking the nation further down a dark, dismal path. What is needed is an army of patriots that will stand guard at the Capitol, and check or stop an out-of-control administration.
The Republican Party will assume majority control over the House of Representatives, although by a small margin, 224/210. Minority leader, and soon-to-be majority leader, Kevin McCarthy, issued a “Contract For America,” that listed a number of issues that need attending to; the economy, the and southern border, the budget, to name a few. The party has also promised to include in their ruling strategy, the opening of investigations into a number of areas of importance, aided by subpoena power, these include the following.
* FBI Interference: The Department of Justice, through its agency the FBI, and collusion with big tech media, namely Twitter and Facebook, now META, in what proved to be a clandestine operation to create uncertainty about the accuracy and legitimacy of the Hunter Biden Laptop story that appeared in an October 2020 New York Post edition.
This maneuver caused the mainstream media to disregard the story and not report on it; this was just prior to the 2020 presidential election. According to recently released Twitter Emails, it was the FBI’s intention to cast doubt on the story as being Russian disinformation, and distract from what may have been former Vice President, then-candidate Biden’s involvement with his son's financial activity.
* Spies Lies: Issuing subpoenas to the 51 former intelligence officials who signed a letter that was made public and that inferred that the Post’s laptop story had all the “earmarks of Russian interference.” Not one of these individuals bothered to investigate for themselves whether the story was truthful or not. It is now believed that this coordinated effort along with the FBI’s involvement was to ensure the defeat of Donald Trump in the 2020 election, and a Joe Biden victory.
* Afghan Withdrawal: The August 2021 military exit from Afghanistan proved to be a devastating failure and an embarrassment for America and her military before the nation and the world. American citizens and Afghani military and civilians who fought and worked alongside American forces were left behind, as well as approximately $80 billion worth of military hardware.
* Southern Border: When the Biden administration took the reins of government in January 2021, their vindictiveness and animus clouded their judgment and thinking toward former President Trump to such an extent that they, without considering their actions or giving them a second thought, began reversing his policies, even those that were considered successful, such as the southern border.
Former President Trump had secured stability and control of the border, but as of this writing and the Biden administration's reckless and irresponsible actions, there is now a humanitarian disaster and a crisis of epic proportions at the southern border that is tantamount to an invasion by a foreign entity. The Biden administration's complete lack of concern and callous disregard now threatens America’s sovereignty and undermines the Constitution. These are grounds for the impeachment of a president.
* January 06, 2021: The Protest at the nation’s Capitol on January 06, 2021, was, according to some a day that will live forever in infamy; some have even likened it to September 11. Then President Trump stood before a rally of supporters numbering according to estimates over 100,000. The gathering was to protest the outcome of the 2020 presidential election, which Mr. Trump and most of the gathered believe was stolen. At the end of the rally, the president asked the crowd to march over to the Capitol and “Protest peacefully and patriotically.”
Regrettably, a segment of the crowd, while the president was speaking, had already arrived at the Capitol building, and the rest is history. What followed was the creation of the January 06 committee that held one-sided hearings; there was no defense, on what was termed an insurrection brought about by the former president.
Questions have arisen regarding the Capitol police effort in maintaining control, and the involvement, if any, by the FBI and Speaker Nancy Pelosi. There is also the matter of Ashley Babbitt, a military veteran, who entered the building unarmed and was shot dead by a Capitol police officer, who has not been brought to justice.
* The Dobb’s abortion decision leak: The new Republican majority will begin its own investigation of the leaking of the Supreme Court’s Roe vs. Wade Dobb’s decision, prior to the public’s scrutiny. After eight months of an internal court investigation, there has been no congressional investigation, and no information has been forthcoming.
Congressman Jim Jordon (R/OH) will head the Judiciary Committee, and together with majority leader Steve Scalise (R-LA) have promised to also investigate attacks on churches and pro-life pregnancy centers, protests at the homes of Supreme Court Justices, and an attempted assassination of Justice Brett Kavanaugh, all of which the Biden administration and Department of Justice have ignored.
The new Republican majority will have much on its plate; hopefully, they will make good on their promises, especially guarding against an intolerant, intemperate, and reckless Biden administration.
Visit Bob Pascarella's website at www.ShortStoriesInVerse.com